Wednesday, June 6, 2012

30 Things Day 9: People who have influenced me

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

Except for my parents which are a definite number 1, the others are in no specific order and off the top of my head. I decided to only do 5 because I didn't want to wrack my brain to try to figure out 5 others, who probably would have been people like Gandhi, Muhammad (pbuh), Maulana Wahiduddin Khan. 


1) my parents - they are the most important influence by the years of time, energy and attention they gave me. the basis of what I believe in and the way I act comes from them


2) my husband - for 7 years I've been with him, building something totally new to me (a family) so it's normal that he has had an effect and influence on who I have become


3) the Egyptian people - being open to a completely different culture has made me reevaluate the way "we" do things vs the way "they" do things to realize we all have ways that are different but for the most part no more right or wrong.


4) my ex-friend (that Muslim one) - it's weird that she has managed to have an influence on me with a short crappy friendship, but she did. being very outspoken about everything and a bit of a haram police has made me deal with these types who are all over the internet. on the positive side, she was not shy to tell me when she disagreed with my behaviour and there were some instances where I agreed with her and just didn't realize what I was doing and I am thankful that she told me.

5) my cousin (the one with the baby around Adam's age) - she's simply crazy and the way she deals with babies has been contagious for me. her attitude with her own baby born 1.5 months before mine influenced how I take care of my son and helped increase my comfort level around babies


Seja o primeiro a comentar

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO