Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I think I've figured it out!

I've known that I want to got back to university since I stopped studying. I didn't really want to stop but that's just wear life took me with marriage and pregnancy and responsibility and for the past couple years I've been wanting to become a teacher. I had been thinking that I wanted to be an elementary school teacher so that I could have the same kids all day long and therefore be able to be a bigger part of their lives but yesterday I think I figured out what I actually want to be and what I should study. I figured out that I'm not the most patient person ever and that I'd have so much trouble dealing with the kids yes, but also the parents who don't do their jobs and doom their kids into being less than they could be. I'm frustrated just thinking about it.

I want to become a MATH TEACHER (high school level)!!

OK, I know it's not the easy alternative to being an elementary school teacher, but I've been figuring out that it's more suited to my abilities. High school students can be more difficult because they are meaner in a real way rather than being innocent and difficult, but I like that I have the possibility of having a more real impact because of just that, they think for themselves and their parents are having less and less influence in these later years. At the same time, it's less frustrating if I don't have the impact I want since I only see them once in a while for math. Which is, to clarify, a field that I love to begin with. I don't even know why I never thought of math before as a field I'd want to go into.

I guess that with having children I only thought of the practical jobs and math never jumped out as being a practical thing to get into until it clicked that I can do both teaching AND math. I sound really dumb, but working full time with kids and a lazy husband and focusing more on spirituality with just a smudge of future dreams will make a person overlook things!

So yay for having an even more concrete plan! Now let's put that aside for a little while and continue my life since it's just not possible for at least 1.5 years.

4 Comentários:

Safiyah said...

I hope you can accomplish all your dreams, Candice. I really wish that for you. Stay well! xxx

LK said...

Good high school math teachers are so hard to find. They'd be so lucky to have you!

muslimathome said...

I'm in awe of anyone who does math for a living.

Becky said...

Yay! I'm so happy you've figured out what you want to do. Even if you can't do it straight away, just knowing what you want can really help give you peace (about that area of your life).

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO